Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be willing to work with all regulatory agencies, i.e., Gaming Commission, State, and Federal.
2. Must learn and ensure policies and procedures are being followed per the departments’ Internal Controls.
3. Must adhere to the Sugar Creek Casino Employee Handbook.
4. Will always act in a professional manner and to ensure to lead by example for all other team members to follow.
5. Assist with hiring, disciplining, and coaching new Team members.
6. Anticipating the needs of the Casino, Guests, and Team members.
7. Assists with the new team member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
8. Promotes a positive team environment for team members to work and have fun together as a team.
9. Deliver great Customer Service to all guests and team members.
10. Always maintains a professional attitude and appearance.
11. Create a positive, friendly, and courteous working environment
12. Responds to all casino quality and service complaints in a timely manner, and always with a vision to exceed the guests’ expectations
13. Will assist the Casino Management to ensure adequate staffing for shifts.
14. Responsible for verifying the completion of all paperwork for jackpot payouts, and all Title 31 paperwork.
15. Responsible for assurance of game protection.
16. Resolves patron disputes
17. Prepares and submits the shift reports to the Casino Management daily
18. Shall assist Casino Management and Human Resources with team member disciplinary actions during shift
19. Reports all team member/guest accidents immediately
20. Investigates incident reports from Surveillance
21. Ensures that the Casino Vault is counted and balanced on a daily basis.
22. Manages budget controls, staffing, cash and cash equivalence, inventory control and may be issued a bank.
23. Verifies all jackpots over $10,000 are paid out by the Slot Attendant at the Casino Services Counter.
24. Maintains the Cash Recycler, ATM, and Kiosk as needed.
25. Maintain all vault paperwork.
26. Work the casino floor as a Manager on Duty and fill in as needed for casino department shifts. Cover Floor Manager on Duty absences as needed.
27. Maintain inventory control of office/casino supplies
28. Handles deposits and petty cash
29. Assist with drop.
30. Prepares MTL/MIL’s, CRT’s, and SAR’s.
31. Reviews and/or prepares paperwork for Counterfeit issues.
32. Reviews all key logs for accuracy.
33. Reviews all sign in logs for accuracy.
34. Assists with other duties as assigned by Casino Management.
1. Provides support and leadership direction to individuals directly reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational structure.
2. Held accountable, to a high degree, for maintaining accurate and thorough casino
records and reports.
3. Evaluates and makes decisions regarding customer disputes in accordance with authority and ensures assigned activities are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and established controls.
4. Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
5. Ensures casino and departmental policies are adhered to and all regulatory requirements are in compliance.
6. Completes Employees Evaluations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. Professional appearance and able to multitask.
3. Knowledge of operating a cash register.
4. Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
5. Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail, and a sense-of-urgency.
6. Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests.
7. Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
8. Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
9. Communicate effectively with all levels of team members and customers.
10. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
11. Must be able to work a varied work schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays
12. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
13. Excellent Customer Service skills.
14. Effective communications skills
15. Must be extremely numbers oriented.
16. Must have basic computer knowledge for data entry.
Education and/or Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED is preferred
2. Cash handling experience is preferred. Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or:
3. Equivalent combination of education and leadership experience.
4. Two to four years gaming experience and/ or training; or an equivalent of education and upper-level management experience within specific area of responsibility.
5. Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft applications and back-office system applications
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Ability to speak effectively before groups of managers, employees, and customers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain gaming license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Ability to move throughout the office and casino floor (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
3. Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
4. Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
5. Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects lift upto 25 pounds.
6. Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, second- hand smoke and loud/noisy environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to casino related factors including, but not limited to; second-handsmoke, excessive noise, and constant interaction with the public.
Must be able to communicate and work effectively with others to promote the best interest of the casino.
This establishment promotes a drug-free work environment.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract variables.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Basic analytical and deductive reasoning ability. Must be competent in computer skills. Must have superior interpersonal relations skills. Must have superior planning and organizational skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Important attributes of any employee of Sugar Creek Casino South and Wichita and Affiliated Tribes, along with the official performance of duties, are personal appearance and public relations. Each employee is expected to make every effort to be well-informed about the institution, pleasant, courteous, and cooperative, and to act in a manner to command respect of co-workers and all other personnel. An optimistic attitude, patience and tolerance will help each employee in nearly all situations at the institution.
Sugar Creek Casino South is and Equal Opportunity Employer but does exercise Tribal and Native American Preference according to Federal Law.
As part of Wichita Gaming Commission license process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming license by completing a background check with Wichita Gaming Commission, prior to being employed by the Casino. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check