Sugar Creek Casino's Karaoke Contest
Sugar Creek Casino will be having a Karaoke Contest with over $5,000.00 in prizes to the Top 10 places.
Qualifier Rounds will be on February 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2023.
Limit One Pre-Registration per entrant. A waiting list will be available in the event of no-shows for other weeks.
Register for Week 1
Register for Week 2
Register for Week 3
Register for Week 4
Karaoke Contest Rules
1) Contestants must pre-register prior to the contest to be guaranteed Performance.
2) A waiting list will be available in the event of no-shows.
3) All contestants must be present thirty (30) minutes before starting time.
4) Alternates may be selected in the event finalists cannot compete.
5) Contestants 18 years or older are eligible to compete.
6) Songs selected for competition MUST be less than 5 minutes.
7) Professionals and amateurs alike may enter the contest.
8) All contestants must be present in the event center or casino during the entire competition night.
9) Contestants must choose from our KJ’S library.
10) There are no hookups for guitars. You must sing from KJ’s Library
11) A drawing will be used to determine the order of Performance.
12) All cash prizes will be awarded at the finals.
13) All decisions of judges and casino management staff will be final.
14) All Employees and Spouses of Sugar Creek Casino Employees are not eligible for the contest.
15) Contestants will be judged in 3 categories: Vocal Ability, Performance, and Audience Appeal.
16) Scoring will be judged on Vocal Ability (20 points maximum), Performance (10 points maximum), and Audience Appeal (10 points maximum).
17) Duets and singles will be scored as one set and must perform accordingly in finals.
18) Props may be used in Performance.
19) In the event of ties, the head judge’s score will be the tiebreaker.
20) In the preliminaries, if you do not make the Top 15, you can sign up for another week if there is availability on the registration. (You can only sign up for one week at a time.)
21) Top 15 in the preliminary rounds go on to either March 3 or 10th Semi-Finals. (First come choice while date last)
22) Top 10 from each Semi-Final round go to the Finals on March 11.
23) After the first 20 have sung a song in the Finals, the top 10 will be announced. Then, a second song will be sung by the Top 10. After the Top 10 have completed their performances, the order of the Top 10 will be announced.